|10am-5pm: BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer & Cellar Quality (Keg)|
10am-5pm: BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer & Cellar Quality (Keg)
What is the BIIAB Award in Beer & Cellar Quality?
The BIIAB ABCQ is an award designed to help pubs & bard ensure that their beer is consistently served in an optimum condition - which aims to increase sales and decrease wastage.
Who is this award suitable for?
The BIIAB ABCQ can be used as a stand-alone qualification or as part of an induction programme. The Award is aimed at businesses and candidates who are required to handle and care for cask and/or keg beers as part of their job role - as well as anyone required to maintain a safe and hygienic cellar.
No previous experience is required to complete the course, but a knowledge of working in a pub or bar may be beneficial.
For qualification is the 'keg only' training course and exam, which consists of 25 multiple-choice questions relating to kegs, and excludes material directly relating to caring for and serving cask conditioned products.
What will I learn?
- Understanding Beer products
- Define different types of beer
- Understand the business & customer benefits of serving beer correctly
- Maintaining hygiene in the bar and cellar
- Learn personal and food hygiene procedures relating to the bar
- Learn how to clean, maintain and store glassware
- Learn How to pour the perfect pint
- Learn how to clean beer lines
- Practice maintaining a safe and effective cellar
- Learn how to receive, store and control stock
- Learn how to maintain a safe and hygienic cellar
- Learn how to store and serve bottled beers
£80 ILA Funding Accepted - CALL to book using ILA 0141 553 0010
Fully inclusive of tuition, examination fees, certificate, course materials and course handbook.
Tea, Coffee & Water will be provided throughout the day.
A Meal Deal Lunch is available to purchase for £3.50pp