|9.30am-6pm: BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders at SCQF Level 6 (SCPLH)|
9.30am-6pm: BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders at SCQF Level 6 (SCPLH)
BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders (SCPLH)
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
If you wish to obtain a personal licence you need to apply to your local licensing board who are obligated to ask for a number of things in support of your application; this includes proof that you hold a licensing qualification such as the BIIAB SCPLH.
The course has been developed in a way that means it meets the training specification of the Scottish Government and can be finished in one day. The training is followed on the same day by a short multiple-choice exam.
The course covers the syllabus set by the Scottish Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
The roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
The application process for a personal licence
The application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory & discretionary conditions
Protection of children from harm
The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
Control of order
The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
Unauthorised licensable activities
Rights of entry to licensed premises
The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
The Course Fee Includes:
- Expert Classroom Tuition at Tennent's Training Academy Glasgow.
- SCPLH Handbook sent to you in advance of the course.
- Refreshments: Water, Selection of Tea's & Coffee's
- Examination Fees
- Certificate & Postage
TO BOOK USING £120 of ILA FUNDING PLEASE CALL: 0141 553 0010
- The Course starts at 09.30am please arrive no later than 09.15am to the visitor reception of Wellpark Brewery.
- The SCPLH Handbook must be read in advance of the course, and bring this with you on the day!
- There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark which is 5 minutes walk away.
- If you fail to bring your identification you will be unable to complete the examination on the day, the exam is held at 5pm. You may still sit the course to avoid loosing your payment, however you will need to reebook your exam for an alternative date at a £10 Rebook Fee.Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the susidised price of £3.50