|BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6 - St. Andrews (The Vic) -|
BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6 - St. Andrews (The Vic) -
BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders (SCPLH) - St. Andrews
This course will be held in The Vic in St. Andrews.
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
If you wish to obtain a personal licence you need to apply to your local licensing board who are obligated to ask for a number of things in support of your application; this includes proof that you hold a licensing qualification such as the BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders.
The course has been developed in a way that means it meets the training specification of the Scottish Government and can be finished in one day. The training is followed on the same day by a short multiple-choice exam.
If you have 10 or more staff that require the Personal License Certificate then we can hold a private course either at Tennent’s Training Academy or at your venue on a date of your choice, just call us on 0141 553-0010 for more information
What Will I Learn On This Course?
The course covers the syllabus set by the Scottish Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
· The roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
· The application process for a personal licence
· The application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory & discretionary conditions
· Protection of children from harm
· The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
· Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
· Licensed hours
· Control of order
· The responsible retail sale of alcohol
· Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
· Unauthorised licensable activities
· Rights of entry to licensed premises
· The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
The Course Fee Includes:
· 1 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· SCPLH Handbook posted out to you in advance (48 hour prior to course booking date required)
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited BIIAB Certificate upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 10am please arrive no later than 9.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· The SCPLH Handbook MUST be read in advance of the course, and bring this with you on the day!
· There is no parking onsite, street parking is available
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010