|Introduction to Communication Skills|
Introduction to Communication Skills
This Basic Communication skills course introduces the practices and principles of interpersonal communication in both dyadic and group settings. Emphasis is on the communication process; issues addressed include perception, listening, speech apprehension, ethics, nonverbal communication, conflict, power, and dysfunctional communication. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate interpersonal communication skills, apply basic principles of group discussion, and manage conflict in interpersonal communication situations.
What will I learn?
· Become a competent communicator with given techniques
· Identify the barriers to communication skills
· How to identify some of your biggest fears and how to overcome them
· Confidence building – Dealing with different individuals within the industry
· The importance of nonverbal communication
· How to use your voice to project meaning and presence, Vocal variety