|9am-6pm - BIIAB Award in Wine Service (Scotland)|
9am-6pm - BIIAB Award in Wine Service (Scotland)
BIIAB Award in Wine Service (Scotland)
The BIIAB Level 1 Award in Wine Service is a one day course aimed at anyone who is involved with the sale and service of wine.
Aimed at front of house staff, the areas of wine service covered by the course are as relevant to pubs as they are to the restaurant and hotel sector. This course and expert tuition will aim to instil confidence in you or your team of staff by giving them the knowledge they need to make recommendations and to provide a superlative level of customer service that will encourage repeat business.
Are you an employer with 10 or more staff that would like to sit this course? We can hold a private course either at Tennent’s Training Academy or at your venue on a date of your choice, just call us on 0141 553-0010 for more information
What Will I Learn On This Course?
· Understanding the main types and styles of wine
· Understanding how wine is produced
· Understanding the factors that can affect the characteristics of wine
· How to taste wine in a methodical way
· How to store and serve wine correctly
· How to handle and care for glassware
· Importance of selling wine correctly
· Food & wine matching
· The legal and social responsibilities associated with selling wine.
The Course Fee Includes:
· 1 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· You will taste 3 wine varieties of wine
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited BIIAB Certificate upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 9am please arrive no later than 8.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ITA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE. Click HERE for more information
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010