|9.30am-6pm: Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6 (SCPLH)|
9.30am-6pm: Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6 (SCPLH)
Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders (SCPLH)
A course developed to help those in the industry obtain a personal license; our SCPLH course is a one day course that will aim to get you fully acquainted with the law and pass the exam to get a license.
What is the Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders?
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence.
If you wish to obtain a personal licence you need to apply to your local licensing board who are obligated to ask for several things in support of your application; this includes proof that you hold a licensing qualification such as the Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders.
How long does the SCPLH course last?
Our course has been developed in a way that means it meets the training specification of the Scottish Government and can be finished in one day. The training is followed on the same day by a 40 multiple-choice question exam.
Does the Tennent’s Academy provide this course for private groups?
If you have ten or more staff that need to become Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders, we can hold a private course either at Tennent’s Training Academy or at your venue on a date of your choice.
To book a private course, please call us on 0141 553 0010 for more information.
Can I carry out the SCPLH course online?
You can complete the course online at your own time. More information can be found here.
Before taking part in the SCPLH course
Please note that anyone taking part must read the SCPLH Handbook in advance of the course. Anyone taking part must also bring their handbook with them on the day. Please note as well that there are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam.
Does the SCLPH only take place at Tennent’s Academy?
If Glasgow is too far to travel, you’ll be happy to know we also run the SCLPH course in the following areas:
What will I learn on a Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders Course?
The course covers the syllabus set by the Scottish Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- The application process for a personal licence
- The application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory & discretionary conditions
- Protection of children and young people from harm
- The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- Licensed hours
- Control of order
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
- Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
What is included in the course fee?
The SCPLH Course Fee Includes:
- 1 Day expert tuition from our trainer who will guide you throughout the day, and supply a mock test paper
- SCPLH Handbook posted out to you in advance (48 hours prior to course booking date required)
- Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
- Examination fees
- Postage of Accredited Highfield Certificate upon passing the course
Important information for anyone taking part in the SCPLH Course
What time doe the course start?
The Course starts at 9.30 am. Please arrive no later than 9.15 am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery. If you need help finding our location, full information is available here.
Can I park in the brewery on the day?
There is no parking on site. Please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby. We offer all-day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is a 5-minute walk away.
Is food provided during the course?
Soup, sandwiches, snacks and soft drinks are available to purchase on the day. A lunch meal deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
When does the SCPLH Course take place?
The course runs through select days of the week. You can see all the dates currently available on the right side of this page.
How much does the SCPLH cost?
The course is £125.00 per person plus VAT (£150.00 including VAT)
Do you accept ITA funding for this course?
Yes. Full information on applying for the SCPLH Course with ITA funding is available here.
How do I book my place on the course?
Book today using the form on the right of this page, or by phoning us directly on 0141 553 0010.