|HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers|
HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers
HABC Level 3 Award Allergen in Food Management for Caterers
ALLERGEN LABELLING RULES CHANGED IN DECEMBER 2014 - IS YOUR BUSINESS COVERED?
The HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers is a qualification aimed at those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry. The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing smaller catering businesses.
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the controls that need to be in place in order to reduce the risk of allergenic contamination.
Its topics are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
There are no pre requisites for this qualification; however it is strongly recommended that learners already hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
Learners must successfully complete the assessment for the unit to achieve the qualification.
Are you an employer with 10 or more staff that would like to sit this course? We can hold a private course either at Tennent’s Training Academy or at your venue on a date of your choice, just call us on 0141 553-0010 for more information
What Will I Learn On This Course?
· Understand the different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
· Understand the characteristics of food allergies and food tolerances including the
· Understand the procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
· Understand hygiene considerations with regard to allergen ingredient control
· Understand procedures relating to the control of contamination of allergenic ingredients
The Course Fee Includes:
· 1 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· Course materials
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited Highfield Certificate upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 9am please arrive no later than 08.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010