|HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers|
HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers
ALLERGEN LABELLING RULES CHANGED IN DECEMBER 2014 - IS YOUR BUSINESS COVERED?
WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR?
The HABC Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers is a qualification aimed at those responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry. The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing smaller catering businesses.
Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the contro lof food ingredients, including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production. They will understand the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available for consumers at point of sale and service and the controls that need to be in place in order to reduce the risk of allergenic contamination.
Its topics are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
There are no pre requisites for this qualification, however it is strongly recommended that learners laready hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent.
Learners must successfully complete the assessment for the unit to achieve the qualification.
- Understand the different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- Understand the characteristics of food allergies and food tolerances including the 14 allergens that must be declared within the EU.
- Understand the procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
- Understand hygiene considerations with regard to allergen ingredient control
- Understand procedures relating to the control of contamination of allergenic ingredients
ILA FUNDING ACCEPTED
Fully inclusive of all materials, equipment, exam and certificate.
Lunch Available for: £3pp Meal Deal