|9am-6pm WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits|
9am-6pm WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
The Level 2 Certificate in Wines & Spirits is designed to provide core knowledge of the wide range of wines and spirits around the world and to equip learners with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of situations.
You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations.
This qualification is suitable for those with little previous experience.
Are you an employer with 10 or more staff that would like to sit this course? We can hold a private course either at Tennent’s Training Academy or at your venue on a date of your choice, just call us on 0141 553-0010 for more information
What Will I Learn On This Course?
· Number of Wines Tasted: Tasting includes a selection of key varietals featuring the true nuances of grapes
· Wine Tasting: Taste & describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
· Food and Wine Matching: A guide to the key considerations when matching food & wine successfully
· Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store & serve wine also to recognise common faults found in wines
· Social Responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
· Labelling: Learn how to decode & understand labels
· Influencing Factors: Study the factors influencing the style, quality & price of wine in the vineyard & winery
· Grape Varieties: Learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international and regionally important grape varieties
· Key white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
· Other varieties: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrentes, Trebbiano & Verdicchio
· Key black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
· Other varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo,Sangiovese, Tempranillo & Zinfandel
· Key Wine-Producing Regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa.
The Course Fee Includes:
· 2 Day expert tuition from our trainer
· A WSET course pack will be given to you on day 1 of the course
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited WSET Certificate & pin badge upon passing the course
· The Course starts at 9am please arrive no later than 8.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· We will require your date of birth upon booking this course
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010