|10am-4pm: BIIAB Scottish Award in Customer & Drinks Service (Licensed Hospitality) 2 Day Course|
10am-4pm: BIIAB Scottish Award in Customer & Drinks Service (Licensed Hospitality) 2 Day Course
BIIAB Level 1 Award in Customer & Drinks Service
Looking for a fresh start in hospitality or looking to brush up on existing bar skills?
The BIIAB Customer and Drinks Service Course is a great place to start!
Hospitality is a trade – it is a skill based job, and that is exactly how we approach this course. Instead of telling you how to gain these new skills we give you the opportunity to try them for yourself. Our trainers will be with you every step of the way. All of the skills you learn will be able to be used on your first day of work. Ensuring that you can have an instant impact in your new or existing job.
There are no managers, supervisors or customers ensuring that you can relax and let trainers fully focus on helping you to gain an understanding of the practical skills that you will learn on the course.
This is an accredited course with a short multiple choice test at the end.
On completion you will gain a certified qualification, useful practical skills and a new paragraph for your CV!
We will cover the following subjects
• Cocktails – basic methods, recipes and sampling
• Barista skills – introduction on how to make lattes and cappuccinos. You will be encouraged to make your own
• Wine – basic knowledge and how to taste wine
• Bartending skills – how to pour drinks, hints and tips on how to be an effective bartender
• Customer service – how you can deliver great service. The benefits of knowing how to achieve this
• Food service – how to carry trays, plates and taking orders
• Spirits – understanding how they are made and the difference in categories
• Cellar – how the cellar works, changing kegs and pouring the perfect pint