|Get in to Catering!|
Get in to Catering!
Get In To Catering
TWO COURSES + GUARANTUEED INTERVIEW
BIIAB Level 2 Food Safety in Catering and Professional Cookery
This combined 2 day course will offer candidates interested in working in a kitchen, the knowledge and understanding of the importance of food hygiene and practical skills necessary to plan, prepare and cook meals safely and professionally, in a commercial kitchen environment.
This course takes place over 2 days and candidates completing the full course will receive a BIIAB Level 2 Food Safety Certificate, and a Tennent's Training Academy Certificate of Professional Cookery. For the professional cookery you can choose from classic cookery skills or patisserie desserts.
What Will I Learn On BIIAB Level 2 Food Safety in Catering?
· Hygiene Systems
· Personal health & hygiene
· Pest Control
· Food Preservation
· Methods of waste control
· Methods of cleaning and disinfection
· Temperature control and storage
· HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)
· Legal Responsibilities
· The role of the EHO
· The types of penalties
· The legal responsibilities of food handlers and managers
· The Characteristics of Food Borne Illness
· The principal causes of food –borne illness
· The principal symptoms of food borne illness
What Will I Learn On Professional Cookery?
· Meat, Fish and Vegetables
· Basic & Classical essential techniques
· Knife skills
· Bread making
· Fresh pasta
If you are more interested in the patisserie side of the industry then please ask about our Professional Cookery – Patisserie Desserts course instead.
The Course Fee Includes:
· 2 Day expert tuition from our trainers
· BIIAB Food Safety course materials and handbook
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Lunch is included on your professional cookery course
· Examination fees
· Postage or Accredited BIIAB Certificate upon passing the course
· Tennent’s Training Academy certificate for professional cookery
· Both courses start at 10am please arrive no later than 9.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
· If you are using ILA funding you must have your ILA token with you on the day to be able to the course
· There are ID requirements for this course to be able to sit the exam
ILA FUNDING IS ACCEPTED FOR THIS COURSE
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010