|BIIAB Award in Wine Service (Scotland)|
BIIAB Award in Wine Service (Scotland)
What is the BIIAB Level 1 Award in Wine Service?
The BIIAB Level 1 Award in Wine Service is a one day course aimed at anyone who is involved with the sale and service of wine.
Who is this course suitable for?
The qualification also supports the Academy of Food and Wine's Licence to Work programme. Aimed at front of house staff, the areas covered by the programme are as relevant to pubs as they are to the restaurant and hotel sector and nowhere is this more evident than in wine service.
This course and expert tuition will aim to instil confidence in you or your team of staff by giving them the knowledge they need to make recommendations and to provide a superlative level of customer service that will encourage repeat business.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Understanding the main types and styles of wine
- Understanding how wine is produced
- Understanding the factors that can affect the characteristics of wine
- How to taste wine in a methodical way
- How to store and serve wine correctly
- How to handle and care for glassware
- Importance of selling wine correctly
- Food & wine matching
- The legal and social responsibilities associated with selling wine.
During the course you will taste 3 wine varieties and practice wine opening & service.
You will sit a multiple choice exam and recieve a certificate upon successful completion of this course.