|10am-4pm - Introduction to Barista Skills (1 Day)|
10am-4pm - Introduction to Barista Skills (1 Day)
1 Day Introduction to Barista Skills
This 1 day Barista Skills training course is perfect for those with no experience who are interested in a career in the coffee industry. The course is extremely practical and hands on and will create confident Baristas. This 1 day masterclass will arm learners with specialist skills and knowledge in one of the major growth areas of the hospitality industry – the beverage sector.
The masterclass is aimed at all first line operatives where coffee is served – this includes coffee bars, coffee houses, cafes, hotels and restaurants.
Participants will learn the following: coffee product knowledge & characteristics, how to operate and clean the production equipment, and also, be able to correct common faults. Display drink building techniques and understanding of customer service, customer care and it benefits.
Students will receive a Tennent's Training Academy Certificate upon completion of this course which is highly recognised by the hospitality industry to show completion of learning through continuous assessment. Students are evaluated throughout the training by informal assessment and are given reference materials to take away which can be used in the workplace and as part of their continuous personal development.
For those looking for an accredited qualification and for a more advanced course then please go to City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Barista Skills.
What Will I Learn On This Course?
· What is Coffee and where does it come from?
· Types of coffee, origin and flavour of products and ingredients.
· Compare characteristics of products and outline characteristics of the product to customers.
· Production of coffee processing, roasting processes involved in bringing the products to the market.
· How to handle and store products and ingredients correctly and safely
· Practical elements of this course include: Espresso taste session, extraction theory, milk foaming and texturing, temperature, grind, tamping and the effect on the espresso and volume.
· Types of serve: recipes, characteristics, presentation and appropriate vessels.
· Quality standard: flavour and appearance
· Common presentation problems
· Dispense and practice cleaning
The Course Fee Includes:
· 1 day expert tuition from our trainer
· Refreshments of tea, coffee and water included throughout the day
· Tennent’s Training Academy certificate
· The Course starts at 10am please arrive no later than 09.45am to the visitor reception of Tennent’s Wellpark Brewery.
· There is no parking onsite, please arrive in time to find suitable parking nearby, we offer all day parking at the Duke Street PBT Carpark for a subsidised price which is 5 minute walk away.
· Soup, Sandwiches, Snacks and Soft Drinks are available to purchase on the day. Lunch Meal Deal is available to all candidates at the subsidised price of £3.50
BOOK TODAY ONLINE OR BY CALLING US ON 0141 553 0010